To add a bit of fun to what would otherwise be a boring summer (is there ever such a thing as a boring summer where Latics are concerned?) This Northern Soul are running a little bit of a predictions competition for this summer’s European Championship. We haven’t been able to lay our hands on a Blankety Blank chequebook and pen, a cuddly toy or a speedboat, but there’s a TNS t-shirt of your choice for the winner.
So what do you need to do?
- It’s easy, make a prediction for each of the “questions” below
- Email your predictions to firstname.lastname@example.org by bedtime next Thursday (7th June)
- Once that deadline has passed but before the first game kicks off, post your predictions on the specially created messageboard thread
- Sit back and laugh at your own and everyone else’s ineptitude
- Wait for the final and see if you’re a winner
The winner will be the person who get’s most predictions correct, in the event of a tie, tiebreaker one will be used to decide the winner. If people still can’t be separated then tiebreaker 2 will be used.
The competition is open to anyone who is able to post on the TNS forum. If you’re registering just to enter the competition then stick around and have a chat, very few of us actually bite.
- Winner of the tournament?
- Losing finalists?
- Other semi finalists?
- Tournament top goal scorer?
- Scorer of the last goal of the tournament?
- Highest scoring team?
- Team that concedes least goals?
- Winner of England’s Group?
- England’s top goal scorer?
- Which round will England get knocked out in?
Predict the result in the final(teams and score – see messageboard thread for more detail)
How many goals will be scored in the whole tournament
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PIE AT NIGHT PODCAST
We promise you that it’s easier to subscribe to the podcast so you don’t have to rely on us to remind you when a new episode comes out.
Apple sorts can find it on iTunes here – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-pie-at-night-podcast/id1097853442?mt=2
If you prefer a different podcast app then just search for “The Pie at Night Podcast”.
You can also find us on Stitcher, here – http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-pie-at-night-pocast/the-pie-at-night-podcast
If you’re that way out, you can find and subscribe to our RSS feed here – http://feeds.feedburner.com/thepieatnight
And if you just want to take pot luck then you can find all our episodes on our Audioboom page